Monday, March 28, 2011

Burma (Myanmar) - images from the Twilight Kingdom

I've recently made two trips to Burma (Myanmar).
From Sept-Dec 2010 I was based in Yangon (Rangoon) teaching English. Here are some photos of that brief but tumultous time.










This is actually a photo I took in Iguazu, Argentina.
This is the 88-winged butterfly - a perfect symbol for the plight and hopes of the people of Burma/Myanmar.
A fragile beauty, but imbued with renewal, change & freedom.

Here are some more images from my trip to Kachin state in March. I travelled overland by train, bus and the Irrawaddy ferry. I visited Myitkyina, Bhamo, Khata and Lake Indawgyi, researching cycling and trekking routes in northern Burma for the last leg of my trans-Himalayan ride.








No comments:

Post a Comment